I have finally made it back to my craft room! My household became ill just before the holidays and it seems to have taken us forever to all get well again. It has been frustrating to say the least. So glad to finally be able to play with new toys. We have a new sketch for you at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Here is the original sketch design for you to come play along-
The moment I saw the sketch, I knew it would be perfect for the Layered Flowers Thin Cuts. This large set of dies features 17 floral dies that you can mix and match to create your own unique flowers. Here is a look at the complete set-
I wanted my floral image to have center stage, so I kept the background subtle. I started with a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ panel of White Daisy cardstock. I cut strips of White Daisy cardstock at 1/2″ and layered them diagonally across the front of the card. A second layer was added for additional dimension. A stitched rectangle frame was added to complete the base.
My floral image was cut in Wild Berry, Sundance and Glacier. I chose the colors based on the color challenge at Global Design Project. Each layer was applied with 3-D foam tape for additional dimension. It is hard to notice in the photos, but clear sequins were added to the design to follow along with the sketch. A simple sentiment completes the card.
All supplies by Close To My Heart:
- D2052 For All Occasions Stamp Set
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- X6056 Wild Berry Cardstock
- X6051 Sundance Cardstock
- X5978 Glacier Cardstock
- Z4189 Intense Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Z4324 Layered Flowers Thin Cuts
- Z4260 Stitched Rectangle Frames Thin Cuts
- Z4028 Cats & Bats Enamel Dots-Retired
- Z4304 Silver Loose Sequins
I have also entered my card in the following challenges:
- Craft Rocket-Use Dies
- Heart 2 Heart Challenges-Wild Berry
- Unicorn Challenge-Layer It Up
- Watercooler Wednesday-All Things Feminine
- Word Art Wednesday-Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to see your creation in the gallery at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!