My first attempt at layering stencils! You guys in blogland are rocking these stencils and I finally caved and added a few to my crafting collection! I am really struggling with do my balloons need strings or not??? I finally decided I did not want to risk messing up a perfectly good card panel and went with no strings! I was just afraid that strings would make it too busy. Same thing with bling, I started to add sequins and it seemed just too busy! I did add a touch of bling with a clear shimmer brush, but it is hard to tell from the photos. My card is slightly softer in person. My colors are from the current challenge at The Color Throwdown.
I am more of a vibrant color stamper, so my stamping stash is a little on the lean side when it comes to pastel colors. I inked up my stencil in Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide inks. The purple is Lilac dye ink from Close To My Heart. Honestly, I mix and match the ink types often. The stencil really does all the work in creating this card. The Happy sentiment was die cut three times and stacked together for added dimension.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- Happy, Happy, Happy Stamp Set-Taylored Expressions
- On the Block Happy Stamp & Die-Taylored Expressions
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- X6041 Lilac Cardstock
- Z6506 Lilac Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Spun Sugar Distress Oxide-Ranger
- Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide-Ranger
- Stitched Panel Die-MFT
- Balloon Party Layering Stencil-Taylored Expressions
- Z3293 Clear Shimmer Brush
I have also entered my card in the following challenges:
- Stamploration’s Stencil Challenge-Anything Goes
- The Crafter’s Cafe-Use a Stencil
Thanks so much for stopping by!