Nothing says birthday like balloons….well, maybe cake….obviously cake would be the first choice. For those that want cake at just the sight of it, birthday balloons it is! Yes, I would be that person! I pulled out some fun, new to me products to play along with the color challenge at Color Throwdown.
I purchased the super cute Birthday Celebration kit from MFT a few months back and it just happened to have the same colors as the color challenge. All of the papers in the kit were multi colored, so I created my own background with 1/4″ strips of cardstock. This is an awesome way to use of some of those scraps you have been hoarding! I cut a few 1/4″ strips in each color and started from the middle of the card base and worked my way out on each side. Super simple and quick to assemble. I layered my balloons with pop dots for added dimension and gave them twine strings for extra texture. The birthday sentiment was applied with foam tape as well.
- MFT Birthday Celebration Kit (Dies, Colored Cardstock)
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock-Close To My Heart
- Birthday Wishes Stamp Set w/Dies-Honeybee Stamps
- Z2895 Lagoon Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad-Close To My Heart
- Baker’s Twine-American Crafts
- Stitched Frame Die-MFT
- Enamel Dots-Close To My Heart
I have also entered my card in the following challenges:
- AAA Birthday-Anything Goes
- Just Add Ink-Choose Two (Dots & Die Cuts)
- Time Out Challenges-Create Your Own Background
Thanks so much for stopping by!