I love the effect of embossing, whether you are heat or dry embossing. I did a combination of the two on this card. My photography skills of white cards is severely lacking. I embossed the graduation cap background on about 3/4 of my white panel. I then added two score lines to give definition to my sentiment space. The grad sentiment was heat embossed in gold. The Congrats and graduation cap were stamped in Evergreen ink for the school colors of green/gold.
A few die cut layers were added to my sentiment and graduation cap to give them more dimension. The embossed panel was matted in Evergreen cardstock.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- Grad Party Stamp/Die Set-Simon Says Stamp
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- X6030 Evergreen Cardstock
- Z6512 Evergreen Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Z891 Versamark Pad
- Z2066 Gold Embossing Powder
- Z3505 Dual Tip Embossing Stylus
- Graduation Cap Embossing Folder-Darice
- Mini Scor-Pal
I have entered my card in the following challenges:
- Allsorts-Any Celebration
- Retro Rubber-Anything Goes (all supplies are over a year old)
- Scor-Pal-Anything Goes with more than one score. (Card was scored and two score lines added to design w/Scor-Pal)
Thanks so much for stopping by!