I have not made a slimline card in years…..it seems everything eventually makes a comeback. Freshly Made Sketches is having a slimline sketch challenge to start the New Year. Chances are this is the only slimming I will do this year! I am not even bothering with New Year’s Resolutions. I would much rather spend my time crafting than at the gym!
My card size is 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. The size of the card was perfect for show casing the sunflower print from the Bloom with Grace Collection. I matted the gorgeous print in Fern cardstock. The sentiment block was created with the Stitched Fancy Brackets Thin Cuts.
I started with a splotch of Canary ink on White Daisy cardstock. I know many of you can swatch ink with no issues, I used the retired Stokes of an Artist stamp set. I then stamped the You stamp in Fern ink. To make sure that my Thank sentiment did not bleed into the background, I stamped it in Black Pigment Ink and clear embossed. The completed panel was applied with 3-D foam tape. Stickers from the Bloom With Grace Collection finish the sketch. A few gold sequins complete the card.
All supplies by Close To My Heart:
- S2101 Every Thank You, January Stamp of the Month
- D1887 Strokes of an Artist Stamp Set (retired)
- X7260 Bloom with Grace Paper Packet w/Sticker Sheet
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- X5960 Fern Cardstock
- Z2850 Fern Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Z2843 Canary Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Z8000 Black Exclusive Inks Pigment Pad
- Z2088 Clear Embossing Powder
- Z3686 Stitched Fancy Brackets Thin Cuts
- Z4235 Gold Loose Sequins
- Z679 Liquid Glass Adhesive
- Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
I have also entered my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says-Something New (Stamps & Dies)
My Time to Craft-Thank You
Word Art Wednesday-Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by!