An embossed background and a little glitter make for a super simple, yet elegant graduation card. When I am creating graduation cards, I keep basically the same tub of supplies out on my desk. I often mix and match sets to make each card unique. This card combines a variety of companies into one creation. The papers are by Close To My Heart, embossing folder by Darice, dies by Pink and Main and stamps by Simon Says Stamp!
I started by embossing a panel of White Daisy cardstock and matting in the school colors. My graduation cap was stamped in Intense Black ink and die cut, then mounted with 3-D foam tape. The congrats was cut twice in white and once in gold glitter. The layers were stacked together for added dimension.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- Grad Party Stamp/Die Set-Simon Says Stamp
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- X5961 Saffron Cardstock
- X6030 Evergreen Cardstock
- Z3238 Gold Glitter Paper
- Z4189 Intense Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Congrats Die Set-Pink & Main
- Graduation Cap Embossing Folder-Darice
I have entered my card in the following challenges:
- Dream Valley Challenges-Die Cuts and/or Punches
- International Art & Soul-Graduation
- Retro Rubber-Anything Goes (The whole card is made with aged products from a little over a year on the stamps to many years for the papers, dies and embossing folder.)
- Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by!