Happy Monday! We have a fun new color challenge for you this week at Make the Cards Challenge! My take on the colors is green, blue and coral. My camera obviously has a different take and has decided that my coral shade of paper must be red or orange…or anything but the coral that it is! Here is a look at the color sample for the challenge-
I went with the tropical theme with the Fabulous Flamingo stamp set. I love this adorable set and it is so affordable! You get the stamp set and coordinating die for only $12.95! Plus this is one of those rare sets, where you will actually use every stamp that is included! Here is the complete set-
To create my card, I went looking through the stash to see if I had any pattern papers in the mentioned colors. I have a huge problem with hoarding 6×6 paper pads. Whenever I see them, I think they are soo cute and into the cart they go! Then they go home and sit on the shelf! I am making serious attempts at using the stash. I found the colors featured in Alphabet Junction paper pad by Carta Bella. The pad is certainly not tropical themed, so I made it my own by stamping. I stamped each of my panels with a coordinating stamp in the same color ink for a subtle tone on tone look. The edges of all of the panels were also sponged in the same ink for added texture.
To create my top panel. I taped off the die cut panel and stamped my water image multiple times. I then filled in the water by sponging on the same ink. Since my flamingo was going to be standing in the water, I also sponged on blue ink to the feet of the flamingo. My flamingo was stamped in Intense Black ink and color added with Copics. The image was die cut three times and stacked together for additional dimension. A trio of stamped leaves and a tropical flower complete the card. A bit of burlap twine was added for additional texture.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- Z3743 Fabulous Flamingo Stamp Set w/ Thin Cuts Bundle
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- Alphabet Junction Paper Pad-Carta Bella
- Z2896 Smoothie Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Z2850 Fern Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Sky Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad-Retired
- Z4189 Intense Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Copic Markers-R02, R11, R32
- Z4260 Stitched Rectangle Frames Thin Cuts
- Burlap Twine-Unknown
I have also entered my card in the following challenges:
- Allsorts-Use Designer Paper
- Animal Friends Challenge-Flamingo
- Colour Crazy Challenge-Anything Goes w/ hand colored image
- Heart 2 Heart-Get Inky
- My Time to Craft-All Things Beachy
- Shopping Our Stash-Tropical Delights
- Sweet Stampin-Something Beginning with B (Bird)
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to see your creation in the gallery this week at Make the Cards Challenge!