We are having a sketch challenge this week at Make the Cards Challenge. The sketch is super simple, so you can easily dress it up or down. I kept the original format and went with a slimline creation. Here is the original sketch design-
While I love the slimline format, I am not a fan of taking photos of the same! I struggle with getting a balanced look with the long rectangle. So, I apologize in advance if my photos look wonky….I tried. My card is created with a few simple layers with elements from the As You Grow Collection. I love all things plaid and this collection does not disappoint. Here is a look at the patterns that are included in the pack.
I went with a slightly masculine feel for my card, pulling colors from the plaid print. I started with a die cut base of Harbour cardstock, cut with the Stitched Diagonal Stripe Slimline Thin Cut. I layered on the plaid print and New England Ivy cardstock, pulling the two together with strands of burlap twine. The Thank you sentiment was stamped in Harbour ink onto White Daisy cardstock and matted in Harbour cardstock. The completed sentiment panel was mounted with 3-D foam tape for added dimension. Leaf stickers from the same pack as well as a few die cut leaves in Harbour and Glacier complete the card. A few glitter gems add a touch of bling.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- D1866 Sentiments by Melissa Esplin Stamp Set
- X8020S As You Grow Paper Packet w/ Sticker Sheet
- X8020C As You Grow Coordinating Cardstock
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- Z6533 Harbour Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Z3688 Stitched Scalloped Brackets Thin Cuts
- Z3908 Diagonal Stripes Slimline Thin Cut
- Leaf Dies-Spellbinders
- Burlap Twine-Unknown
- Z4191 Silver Glitter Gems
I have entered my card in the following challenges:
- Cardz TV-Anything Goes
- Die Cut Divas-Anything Goes
- Dies R Us-Anything Goes (Spellbinders)
- Dream Valley Challenges-Lots of Squares (Plaid)
- Krafty Chicks-Anything Goes
- Retro Rubber Challenge-Greens, Foliage, Die or Punch ( Sentiment stamp is two years old)
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to see your creation in the gallery at Make the Cards Challenge!