I pulled out some old favorites to create my blue themed birthday cake card. While, I rotate supplies fairly often…there are those classic stamps that earn a permanent spot in the stamp collection. This gorgeous cake stamp is one of them. Super fun image….that always leaves me longing for a piece of cake!
My photos totally do not do the card justice. The cake is covered in glitter, but my photos failed to pick up the shimmer. To create my card, I stamped my images in Intense Black ink and then added color with Prismacolor pencils. I blended out the colors with Gamsol. Once I had my cake image colored, I masked off the cake tray and applied a clear shimmer to the icing. It looks edible in person…..back to the part of me longing for a piece of cake!
I fussy cut my cake and banner and applied with 3-D foam tape for added dimension. I mounted my banner onto wooden dowels into the cake. AKA: toothpicks colored with a Copic marker. I seriously think you can color anything with a Copic marker. I have colored gems, sequins, ribbon, wood….marks in my furniture etc. If it needs to be colored, Copic markers are your friend! A few festive die cut banners and silver sequins finish off the card.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- S1906 It’s Your Day to Sparkle Stamp Set-Retired
- 1385 White Daisy Cardstock
- Tropical Blue Cardstock-Retired
- Birthday Embossing Folder-Unknown
- Banner Die-Unknown
- Z4304 Silver Loose Sequins
- Copic Marker
- Prismacolor Pencils
I have entered my card in the following challenges:
- Cut It Up-Old School ( My cardstock is easily 20 years old, the banner die has been around some time, long enough for me to be able to not recall the maker!)
- Heart 2 Heart Challenges-Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash-Pile It On
- Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls-Emboss Like a Boss (Dry Embossing)
- Use Your Stuff-Mood Board
- Watercooler Wednesday-All About Occasions
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure and check back tomorrow for the new Close To My Heart product releases! You can find the complete product line here.