Sneaking in under the wire for the Bee Challenge at The Paper Players! It is Clean and Simple week, so hopefully I have left enough white space to qualify as clean! I am truly not a mixed media creator. I so love the unique looks that so many crafters create. I just tend to lean to the clean side of crafting! I only have one bee stamp in my collection, an old favorite from many years ago. This super fun stamp is one single stamp! So, my card truly is simple!
To create my background, I started by applying Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink and a little Vintage Photo Distress ink onto my craft mat. A light spritz of water mixed the two colors. I then smooshed my watercolor panel into the color. A quick blast of the heat gun dried my background. I then sponged on a little more Fossilized Amber ink through a honeycomb stencil. My image was stamped in Espresso pigment ink and heat embossed in clear. The completed panel was die cut and adhered to an Espresso cardstock base. A few matte gold sequins finish off the card.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- A1135 Bumble Bee Stamp Set-Retired
- Z3885 Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- X5951 Espresso Cardstock
- Z8003 Espresso Exclusive Inks Pigment Pad
- Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink Pad-Ranger
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad-Ranger
- Z2088 Clear Embossing Powder
- Honeycomb Stencil-Crafter’s Workshop
- Z4235 Gold Loose Sequins
I have also entered my card in the following challenges:
- Addicted to CAS-Geometric
- Addicted to Stamps & More-Die Cuts and/or Stencils
- Shopping Our Stash-Quit Bugging Me
Thanks so much for stopping by!