This card was super simple to create….I actually had the idea for the card last year…but life happened! I ordered the Holiday Card kit by Simon Says Stamp last year and it came with a paper pack by Simple Stories. The paper pack was an odd size for me at 6×8 with some rather large prints. That is when the slimline design came to mind. You can create two slimline cards with one piece of the paper. Chances are, I will actually use every sheet in the pack! You can expect to see more slimline holiday cards in the future.
To create my card, I cut the patterned paper to 3×8. I only had the one sheet of this design so I opted to add some Rub Ons to the image vs the possibility of smearing a sentiment while stamping. I then adhered scattered sequins to the image with Liquid Glass. By adhering a few sequins on the design, you always have a mix of sequins, vs all of them settling at the bottom of your design.
The completed panel was turned into a shaker card with the Slimline Shaker Window dies and Shaker Window Foam & Acetate by Close To My Heart. This combo creates effortless shaker cards! As an added bonus, there is no wasted 3-D foam. The center of the frame is cut into individual squares for you to use on other projects! There is a variety of other designs available as well.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- Vintage Rustic Christmas Papers-Simple Stories
- X5959 New England Ivy Cardstock
- Christmas Remnants Rub Ons-Tim Holtz
- Z4103 Slimline Shaker Window Thin Cuts
- Z5019 Slimline Shaker Window Foam & Acetate
- Z4304 Loose Silver Sequins
I have entered my card in the following challenges-
- Christmas Kickstart-Never in a Nativity
- Jingle Belles Rock-Slimline Holiday Card
- Little Red Wagon-Embellish It
- Make My Monday-Christmas in August
- Peace on Earth Christmas-Anything Christmas Goes
- Simon Says Stamp-Christmas
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge-Anything Christmas Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by!