Sooo, I think I am going to make up a new rule……if you receive a Happy New Year card and it is still January, then it is not late! We will not even go into what happened with getting all the Christmas cards mailed out! I had some long drawn out holiday travel (thanks, Southwest!) and still have some cards to send out! Yikes! I have some of the greatest neighbors and I certainly need to acknowledge how awesome they are, even if the cards might be belated! I took the colors from the Color Throwdown Challenge and created a set of cards for the New Years. Here is the required colors-
I have been collecting these awesome layering stencils from Taylored Expressions, but had yet to ink up ANY of them! You can expect to see more of these in future posts! I didn’t want to just send a belated Christmas card, so I searched through my sentiments until I found a stand alone Happy New Year sentiment. I stamped my sentiment onto vellum and heat embossed in clear. A couple of fancy layers and a few gold glitter gems jazz up the stenciled design.
Design Tip-You can use just about any ink to emboss on vellum. Due to the nature of vellum, the ink sits on the surface. Adding clear embossing powder instantly sets your image and gives you tons of color choices for your image.
- Holly Holiday Stencil-Taylored Expressions
- Happy Christmas Stamp Set-Simon Says Stamp
- White Daisy Cardstock-Close To My Heart
- Mocha Cardstock-Taylored Expressions
- Cherry Pop Cardstock-Taylored Expressions
- Mocha Ink-Taylored Expressions
- Cherry Pop Ink-Taylored Expressions
- Sweet Basil Ink-Taylored Expressions
- Olive-Taylored Expressions
- Mini Slimline Dies-Taylored Expressions
- Vellum-Close To My Heart
- Banner Die-MFT
- Gold Glitter Gems-Close To My Heart
I have also entered my card in the following challenges:
- Christmas Kickstart-Stencils & Masks
- Get Creative-Something New (New stencils)
- Inkspirational Challenges-Word Prompt, New or Welcome (New Supplies & New Year)
- Tic Tac Toe Challenge-Floral, Free, Sparkle also Stitching, Free, Embossing
- Word Art Wednesday-Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by!