Time for a new challenge at Make the Cards Challenge! Our challenge theme is Christmas, which is perfect for those of us that are still working on Christmas cards! All products are welcome, so come join in on the fun!
I recently added a few kits from Simon Says Stamp to my Christmas crafting collection! Fairly certain one can never have enough Christmas crafting supplies. I rarely mass produce cards and prefer them to all be unique. Kits are a great way to get a mix of coordinating products.
This card started out super simple, so simple that I decided it needed a little something! I started with a gorgeous pattern piece of paper by Simple Stories. This print came in a 6″ x 8″ size. I used a stitched panel die and cut the main part of the poinsettia pattern. This left me with a partial sentiment that needed covered. I fussy cut an additional poinsettia to cover up the partial sentiment. To add some great texture, I covered the pattern paper in Crackle paint. Once the paint was dry, the fussy cut flowers were popped up with 3-D foam tape and a sentiment strip was added from the Rustic Bits Collection. A splattering of gold adds a touch of bling to the finished design.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- Vintage Rustic Christmas Papers-Simple Stories
- X5959 New England Ivy Cardstock
- Vintage Rustic Christmas Bits & Pieces-Simple Stories
- Icicle Crackle Texture Paste-Tim Holtz
- Z3316 Gold Shimmer Brush
- Stitched Panel Die-MFT
I have entered my card in the following challenges:
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Pattern Paper Challenge-Anything Goes
- Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge-Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp-Happy Holidays/Christmas
- Simon Says Stamp-Sparkle Mode
- The Card Concept-A Touch of Mixed Media using the inspiration colors.
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge-Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you will come share your Christmas creations at Make the Cards Challenge!