We have a fun sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! This sketch is truly outside of the box for me! It reminds me of paper weaving that I used to do as a kid. Let’s just say it has been many, many years since I have done any paper weaving! Here is the original sketch design-
I have so been wanting to ink up this super cute deer stamp from the Miracle of Christmas stamp set. This set was brought back with the White Pines promotion. It is never too early to get started on your Christmas cards! All of the items in the White Pines collection are available individually or save 20% when you purchase the bundle of products. You can find the full collection here.
To create my card, I cut my strips at 3/4″ x 3 1/2″. I sponged Espresso ink along all the edges of my strips. A stitched die cut panel of Toffee cardstock was sponged with Espresso ink as well and matted with Candy Apple. The strips were adhered to the panel with liquid adhesive to give me a little wiggle room with assembly. My sentiment was stamped in Espresso pigment ink and embossed in clear. If you love our pigment inks, I highly suggest stocking up on them now! My deer image was stamped in Espresso ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils. I blended out my pencils with Gamsol. A tiny dot of Liquid Pearls added a red glow to the nose! The colored image was then fussy cut and applied with 3-D foam tape for added dimension.
All supplies by Close To My Heart, except where noted:
- CC72116 White Pines Collection Bundle
- Z2829 Espresso Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
- Z8003 Espresso Exclusive Inks Pigment Pad
- Z2088 Clear Embossing Powder
- Prismacolor Pencils
- Rogue Liquid Pearls-Ranger
- Stitched Panel Die-MFT
I have entered my card in the following challenges:
- ABC Christmas Challenge-N is for North Pole, O is for Off to one side
- A Place to Start-Favorite Holiday
- Double Trouble-Christmas in July
- Dragonfly Dreams-Christmas in July
- Dream Valley-Christmas in July
- Heart 2 Heart-Christmas in July
- Send A Smile 4 Kids-Christmas in July
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to see your creation in the gallery this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!